Descent glitch map
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Descent glitch map is a term for a group of non valid-source map Glitch Cities and one valid source map Glitch City in Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow which force the player to move in the location in which they came, typically with a glitched sprite (which may be black and white) and/or certain music playing.
The term was coined by Mousymoo l Gard254 on ChickasaurusGL's "Map E7 Fiery Glitch Hell" video after ChickasaurusGL noted there was previously no name for maps like Map E7 Glitch Hell (Japanese Yellow) and the Cycling based glitch maps.
There are various reported examples.
- Cycling based glitch maps (maps ED, EE, F1, F2, F3, F4 in English Yellow)
- Map 0xE7 Glitch Hell (Japanese Yellow) (map 0xE7 in Japanese Yellow, with properties which differ between v1.0 and later revisions; red with the default palette in v1.0 and black in revisions later than v1.1)
- Map 0x69 (French Red/Blue)
- Map 0x0B (French Yellow)
- Map 0x0B (Spanish Yellow)
- Silph Co. 5F accessed as an out of bounds Glitch Hell in Japanese Yellow v1.0.