of the Pokémon series
Arbitrary code execution
0x1500 control code arbitrary code execution (Crystal) | Cart-swap arbitrary code execution | Generation I custom map script pointer | Generation I invalid meta-map scripts | Generation I item ("8F", "ws m", "-g m", "5かい", "てへ" etc.) | Generation I move ("-", "TM42") | Generation I Trainer escape glitch text boxes | Generation II bad clone | Generation II Burned Tower Silver | Japanese Crystal Pokémon Communication Center SRAM glitches | Coin Case glitch | Generation II glitch Pokédex sortings | Pikachu off-screen glitch ACE | OAM DMA hijacking | Pikachu glitch emote | Generation III glitch Pokémon summary | Generation III glitch move animation) | Remote code execution | TM/HMs outside of the TM/HM pocket | ZZAZZ glitch Trainer FC
No further extensions
Cloning | Item duplication glitch (Generation I) | Pokémon merge glitch ("Q Glitch", Generation I) | Time Capsule exploit | Bug-Catching Contest data copy glitch (Generation II, Japan only) | Berry glitch | Battle Tower Lati@s glitch (Generation III) | (Mimic) Transform Rage glitch (Generation IV)
Transform held item glitch (Generation IV, Japan only) | Mimic glitch (Generation IV, Japan only)
Buffer overflow techniques
99 item stack glitch | LOL glitch | Rival LOL glitch | Instant LOL glitch | RAM LOL glitch | Out of bounds LOL glitch | blockoobLG | Instant encounter infinite chain glitch | LGFly | Super Glitch (Generation I) | Party remaining HP glitch | Super Glitch (Generation III) | Text pointer manipulation mart buffer overflow glitch | CoolTrainer♀-type move | Double distort CoolTrainer♀ corruption | Yami Shop glitch | Party Pokémon box data shift glitch | Unterminated name glitch item instant encounter (Japanese Red/Green)
Item stack duplication glitch (Generation I)
Generation I expanded items pack (Glitch Rocket HQ maps, Map FE (English and non-English European Yellow) | Map script pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution | Map script pointer item ball manipulation) | Text pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution | Item ball manipulation | Mart buffer overflow) | Trainerless instant encounter glitch
Bad clone glitch (Generation II)
????? party overloading (Type 0xD0 move glitch | ????? map corruption | Celebi trick | Celebi Egg trick | Shiny Celebi trick | Glitch move map corruption | Overloaded party map corruption | Glitch Unown (Glitch Unown map corruption) | Duplicate key items glitch (Infinite items and item creation, Expanded Balls pocket (Wrong pocket TM/HMs, Glitch Pokédex categories))
Closed menu Select glitches (Japanese Red/Green)
Dokokashira door glitch (International) | Fossil conversion glitch (international) | Second type glitch | Skip to Level 100 glitch | Trainer mutation glitch | Walk through walls (International) | Lift glitch | Badge describer glitch
Pomeg glitch (Generation III)
Pomeg data corruption glitch ("Glitzer Popping") | Charm glitch
Voiding (Generation IV)
Broken escalator glitch (Japan only) | Elite Four door glitch (Japan only)
2x2 block encounter glitches (Generation I)
Left-facing shore tile glitch (in-game trade shore encounter trick, Old man trick, Trade link up shore encounter trick, Fight Safari Zone Pokémon trick) | Viridian Forest no encounter grass tiles glitch
Safari Zone exit glitch | RAM manipulation | Out of bounds Glitch City (Generation II) | Slowpoke Well out of bounds corruption (French Gold/Silver/Crystal)
Large storage box byte shift glitch
Storage box remaining HP glitch | Generation I max stat trick
Pikachu off-screen glitch
Trainer corruption glitch
Generation I save corruption | 255 Pokémon glitch | Expanded party encounter table manipulation (Generation I) | Send party Pokémon to a new game (Generation I) | Generation II save corruption | Mailbox glitches | Mystery Gift item corruption | Trainer House glitches
Trainer escape glitch
Death-warp | Ditto trick | Experience underflow glitch | Mew trick | Text box ID matching | Meta-map script activation
Walk through walls
Ledge method | Museum guy method | Rival's effect | Select glitch method (International Select glitch method), Brock Through Walls
Surf down glitch
Grass/rock Surfing glitch (Spanish/Italian only) (adaptions: Submerge glitch (international)) | 8 8 (0x7C) grass/rock surfing glitch (English Red/Blue))
(view, talk, edit)
|This article is a summary page for different variations of a glitches, etc. when talked about as a whole.|
Infinite item glitches allow for the player to obtain an unlimited number of items.
Terms such as infinite Master Balls or infinite Rare Candies are commonly used by players to refer to a glitch that allows the player to use or obtain an unlimited amount of certain items, if not all items.
Master Balls and Rare Candies are among the most commonly duplicated items.
Relevant glitches include:
- Pokédex flag duplication (via 2x2 block encounter glitches (e.g. old man glitch), Trainer escape glitch, Cable Club escape glitch, any glitch which causes a battle with the relevant glitch Pokémon, or causes a Trainer to send it out).
- Item stack duplication glitch - Can be used to duplicate items after obtaining a stack of 255 of them. Tossing, selling or depositing all items from the stack above it will replace the stack with another stack of 255 Master Balls, but the Cancel button is not shifted up after the player's numbers of items is reduced and the player's last item will work like Cancel.
- Infinite Master Balls (Colosseum) - A glitch in Pokémon Colosseum requiring a Double Battle, where the item quantity of an item, including Master Balls does not decrease
- Yami Shop glitch - It's possible to buy Master Balls and other items that weren't meant to be sold for free with this glitch.
- Generation III item duplication glitch - A derivative of Pomeg corruption glitch.
- Infinite Nugget glitch - A glitch in some releases of Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen where it is possible to obtain infinite Nuggets from a Rocket Grunt on Nugget Bridge.
- Item creation Select glitches
- Japanese Yellow ゴールド (0x6F) glitch item (v1.0)'s use which creates copies of itself
- Japanese Yellow ゴールド (0x6F) glitch item (v1.1+)'s use which creates many Soda Pops
- False PP Up inventory filling map script glitches
- j. (0x00) inventory filling map script glitch
Pokémon cloning allows the player to clone an item from Generation II onward (where Pokémon can hold items), for example, the Battle Tower Pokémon cloning glitch can be used to duplicate Master Balls.
The player can also get Master Balls by accessing an expanded item pack.
The Transform held item glitch is a way to duplicate an item in Japanese Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.