The other disclaimer
The leaks were always leaks. We ran the risk of posting that information once it was public, as TCRF did, and were fine. Changing it now also wouldn't undo the fact the info was kept on here, and thus wouldn't accomplish anything. (unsigned comment by Sherkel)
- That's true. My worry is it puts us at risk and I don't want to get Abwayax's site in trouble. However, as both me and Photon-Phoenix are head admins, I accept you took these down as Photon-Phoenix suggested all the members decide and no one has come to a consensus yet. The intention was to have that and cease posting anymore leaks (even if the damage was already done). So in that sense it would keep the site safe; I don't want it to fall under cease and desist. The leaks are available on the database true and worst case, there is nothing we can do unless someone e.g. manually removes them from our wiki database, because leaked information is on the database (deleted pages and images can be restored by staff) but the best way would be to delete the edit summary and certain files. From Evie (Torchickens) ✿ 15:26, 29 December 2019 (-06)
Moving it here for now before we decide what to do with it:
- Please do not add any information here only found from a leak (Honoguma, Happa and Kurusu are OK as they were known before, but not the ones only found following the alleged leak). Leaks violate non-disclosure policies and can get websites in trouble, including Serebii.net in the past which only posted information.
- Please don't post any ROMs, and please take note using unauthorised copies of ROMs is illegal and puts you under liability. In some jurisdictions it is not allowed whether you own the original game or not (including Nintendo's own assertions); and "The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic." - (in this case though we are not jurisdiction, it could be only Nintendo and the companies/people who own the game for the purpose of copyright can do this); see "Yes. Game copiers enable users to illegally copy video game software onto floppy disks, writeable compact disks or the hard drive of a personal computer. They enable the user to make, play and distribute illegal copies of video game software which violates Nintendo's copyrights and trademarks. These devices also allow for the uploading and downloading of ROMs to and from the Internet. Based upon the functions of these devices, they are illegal.".
- I'll wait. I'm sorry for acting straight away. From Evie (Torchickens) ✿ 15:26, 29 December 2019 (-06)
The top of the page is one of the most important parts of the site, being the first thing visitors will see. I have two issues with the disclaimer as it stands: firstly it takes some page space away from the main menu, and secondly I feel it could confuse visitors to both the site and forum about what's allowed and what they can do to contribute if they want to. I think there would be no harm in removing it altogether, but a couple of easy compromises would be to move it to Glitch_City_Laboratories:General_disclaimer or the bottom of the page. Sherkel (talk) 20:48, 11 October 2019 (-06)
- Went ahead and did it for now. Sherkel (talk) 14:57, 18 October 2019 (-06)
- OK. From Evie (Torchickens) ✿ 15:26, 29 December 2019 (-06)
Hello! I've just joined this website, and I am a bit confused about how this place works! If you're kind enough, can one of you members explain to me the basics? (unsigned comment by ShatteredClockworks)
- Hi ShatteredClockworks. This website is both a wiki and forum. As a wiki you can edit pages about Pokémon glitches etc. with the edit button to immediately update them. As a forum you can join it and discuss glitches and other topics.
- When you edit a page it's encoded in wiki markup. Different ways in which you can format a page be found here.
- On this wiki we go through a process known as article validation. After editing a page it must be approved by a wiki staff member or "QC" user (admins can promote ordinary users to this category) first. This process is described here. Hope that helps! --Torchickens (talk) 08:11, 14 January 2017 (-06)
Missingno/Pokémon 000 is a glitch Pokémon that is a bird/normal type I will talk about the bird type later missingno has alternate form named m that can evolve into khangstan anyway on to the bird type it was a early test of the flying type