Mimic glitch (Japanese Diamond/Pearl)
|Please note that this glitch only exists in the Japanese versions of the game, or is otherwise a glitch from a Pokémon game which was only released in Japan.|
If possible, please reupload the image(s) at emulator quality, without changing the emulator's resolution. An image from a capture card would also be an improvement to an image taken from a camera.
|Bulbapedia also has an article about Mimic glitch (Japanese Diamond/Pearl).|
|PRAMA Initiative a également une page sur Mimic glitch (Japanese Diamond/Pearl).|
It was fixed in the localizations and later games, but another glitch called the Rage glitch allows the player to copy a moveset in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum and Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
- Prepare a Ditto and Pokémon with Mimic in the first and second positions of the party.
- Enter a double battle on Route 209 with Ty and Sue, using the Vs. Seeker to enable a battle with them, if necessary.
- When the battle starts, have Ditto transform into the opponent.
- Have the Pokémon with Mimic successfully mimic the user's Transform (requires Transform to be the target's last move).
- Switch the Ditto into a Pokémon of your choice, then have the Pokémon that mimicked Transform transform into it.
- Have the Pokémon that originally knew Mimic faint, then end the battle.
It may be a good idea to have the Pokémon of your choice be a Smeargle, because it can learn many moves legitimately through Sketch.