Jump to navigation Jump to search
These may include the following:
- Strings taken from VRAM, randomized due to VRAM inaccessibility.
- Strings that are taken by the game searching for terminated 0x50 strings into RAM until the (n)th number is found (the case with examples like - (Generation I move)'s internal name).
- Strings taken from an area of RAM subject to change.
Chaotic names may be found on:
- Glitch moves - Example: - (move), glitch moves with index numbers between 0xA6-0xC3
- Glitch Trainer class names - Example: Jacred, artificial Trainer classes
- Glitch items - Example: Hex:00 glitch item in Red/Green (there are no chaotic name glitch items in the English versions)
- Glitch types (often subject to VRAM inaccessibility) - Example: Hex:1E glitch type in Pokémon Red and Blue
- Glitch stats - Example: Hex:4F glitch stat in Yellow
- Glitch preset names
- Time Capsule exploit: There is a degree of randomness for some Generation II to Generation I trades for Pokémon not in the table.