Mart worker glitch
|PRAMA Initiative a également une page sur Mart worker glitch.
Talking to the Poké Mart worker in Oldale Town with a full bag in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald can lead to some unintended effects. This is possible without any prior exploits as there is never a requirement to talk to the worker to progress the game.
There are two possible effects:
- Talking to her from the west or the south will lead the player's sprite into a tree.
- When talking to her from the east: 'Nothing happening' and the worker not turning when you talk to her again from another position. Talking to her for a third time will make her turn again, though. [clarification needed]
- The player must already have a full bag.
- The player must NOT have already talked to the Poké Mart worker in Oldale, obtained the Potion and saved the game.
1. Talk to the Poké Mart worker in Oldale Town.
2. Walk north, one step or two steps north out of the town (but not three) and then return to Oldale Town.
3. Talk to her again from just outside the Poké Mart.
- If the player already received the Potion then the Poké Mart worker will always be stood near the Poké Mart.
- After getting the message that the bag is full and immediately talking to the Poké Mart worker, she acts as if she has already given the player a Potion even though the player didn't actually receive it. She says "a POTION can be used anytime, so it's even more useful than a POKéMON CENTER in certain situations."
Doing a number of things brings the Poké Mart worker back to her original position, preventing the glitch (if the worker is by the mart) or 'fixing it' (if the worker is in the tree), though afterwards the glitch can still be performed as long as the Potion was not obtained.
- Flying to/outside of the town or entering a building and exiting.
- Going a few steps north (worker not in the tree) or three steps south out of the town, counting the appearance of the "Route 101" or "Route 103" message as the first step.
- If the worker is in the tree: walking one step below the sign in Route 103.
- Going to the x position where the town's left-most flower is.