Walk on water through Surf
|PRAMA Initiative a également une page sur Walk on water through Surf.|
- A Pokémon that knows Surf.
- A NPC, Poké Ball etc. standing right of a water tile. Said NPC must also be on a walkable tile.
Possible NPCs :
- Cerulean Gym :
- The female Trainer next to Misty
- Misty herself
- Route 12 : the collectable item
- Sea Route 21 : two fishermen on the small platforms
Another NPC that can be used is on Cycling Road. Thus the player must either bypass the gate using Walk Through Walls, or the ????? (Surfboard) item to be able to surf on Cycling Road.
One of the Cue Balls near the middle of the road can be used. However when the player stands on the water tile, the start menu cannot be opened, so the player must reset the console, or be defeated by the Cue Ball.
- Surf, and stand left of the target NPC. Face towards the NPC (you should be looking right)
- Use Surf.
The game won't state that you can't go off, and the player will be standing on a water tile.
To use Surf, the player must first open the Start menu, which will set the state of any sprite covered by the Start menu to "hidden", including one immediately to the right of the player. Although the party menu covers the entire screen, it also disables the updating of sprites entirely, so the visible sprites remain "visible" and the hidden sprites remain "hidden".
When trying to get off by using Surf again, the game explicitly checks whether there is a sprite in front of the player. However, if the player is facing right, then any sprite in front of the player will be "hidden", so the game will allow the player to get off.