Trade evolution GTS glitch
|PRAMA Initiative a également une page sur Trade evolution GTS glitch.
|Bulbapedia also has an article about Trade evolution GTS glitch.
Not to be confused with the Wonder Trade move glitch.
The trade evolution GTS glitch was a Global Trade System (GTS) glitch in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl that allowed the player to evolve Pokémon that evolved through trade, without actually trading them away.
It was best if the player requested a Pokémon that is impossible to get in exchange for the player's Pokémon, such as a level 9 and under Quilava. This way, it was unlikely for another player to trade it over.
- Access to the Global Trade Center and a Pokémon the player is willing to trade.
- This glitch is no longer possible with the real GTS server due to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection being discontinued as of May 20th 2014, and is unconfirmed on custom GTS servers.
- Go to the Global Trade Center.
- Deposit the Pokémon into the Global Trade Center that the player wants to evolve. If the Pokémon requires an item to evolve, have the item equipped before the Pokémon is deposited.
- Search the Global Trade Center for any Pokémon, and do at least one trade.
- Withdraw the Pokémon from the Global Trade Center.
- It will enter the "evolving" screen and the Pokémon should now evolve.